According to the Clarion Ledger, a newspaper in Jackson, Mississippi, students at Murrah High School are mourning the death of classmate due to a serious Mississippi auto accident.¬† The car accident took place on Riverside Drive in Mississippi when a Ford Explorer in which four teens were riding drove off the road and flipped, hitting a tree.¬† The teens were on their way to a game at the school when the Mississippi auto accident took place.¬† The auto accident killed a high school Junior who was in the vehicle.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for U.S. teens, accounting for more than 1 in 3 deaths in this age group.¬† In 2009, 8 teens ages 16-19 died every day from motor vehicle injuries.¬† Per mile driven, teen drivers ages 16-19 are four times more likely than older drivers to crash.¬† According to the National Highway Safety Administration Office, in 2008 there were 120 fatalities in crashes involving young (15-20 year old) drivers.¬† There are many reasons why 16-19 year old drivers have higher risk factors.¬† Primarily, they involve poor hazard detection, high risk taking, not wearing seat belts, lack of skill, and alcohol and drug use.¬† In addition, for teenagers, the risk of being in a car crash increases when they transport passengers and for night driving.
In the event that you or a loved one has been injured in Mississippi, call the Mississippi car accident lawyers at Nahon, Saharovich & Trotz, PLLC.¬† The car accident lawyers of Nahon, Saharovich & Trotz have offices in Jackson, Mississippi, Memphis, Tennessee, Jackson, Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee, and Jonesboro, Arkansas.¬† The firm has 28 lawyers with a support staff of over one hundred people who are prepared to assist the families of teens who have been killed in automobile accident cases.¬† NST lawyers investigate the case, hire experts such as accident reconstructionists, ‚ÄúDay in the Life‚ÄĚ videographers, life care planners, and forensic economists to prove your case.
- New Jersey Driver Charged with DWI as Reported by Jackson Mississippi Car Accident Attorneys at NST
- Car Crash Lawyers at Nahon, Saharovich, and Trotz Help Victims Who Have Lost Loved Ones in Car Accidents in Jackson and Mississippi
- Dyersburg Tennessee Teen Drives Jeep Into Crowd of People
- North Mississippi Car Accident Sends Two to Memphis Hospital Reports Mississippi Auto Accident Attorney At NST
- Mississippi Auto Accident Attorneys at Nahon, Saharovich, and Trotz Report Woman Remains in Critical Condition Following Car Accident in Lee County, Mississippi